Have you been finding it too difficult to change your mindset, no matter how hard you try?
Shifting our mindset in the traditional way is so difficult because such methods only focus on changing our conscious thoughts, whereas most of our thoughts and actions are controlled by a set of unconscious beliefs. Until we reframe those beliefs, we can’t truly shift our mindset, we won’t get what we desire, and we’ll feel burned out, frustrated and ashamed in the process.
On today’s episode of The Embodied Baddie, Chrystal Rose walks us through the traditional methods of mindset shifting and offers an easier and more effective approach. She brings up common core beliefs that keep many of us stuck and shows us how we can overcome them in order to move forward towards our goals.
- “What results do we get when we take actions like these? Burnout. We start to feel burned out, we start to feel unfulfilled, you end up in a position to just do this all over again.” (6:41 | Chrystal)
- “It’s not actually easy to shift that thought when you have years and years of thinking that way…we’re always at the thought level. But we’re forgetting our subconscious beliefs.” (9:04 | Chrystal)
- “Our subconscious is responsible for 88 to 95% of the things that we do, think, things that are involuntary. Just so much of our programming is subconscious…there may be something deeper that’s stopping you from changing your thoughts.” (9:39 | Chrystal Rose)
- “If there’s a belief underneath it, that’s competing with that new thought, you’re going to keep getting some of the same-old and it’s like banging up against a brick wall. That belief is the brick wall.” (12:25 | Chrystal)
- “Your beliefs actually lie in your body, not in your mind…The body is where our trauma is stored, it’s where our wounds are stored. It’s where all the pockets of energy are stored. The body holds the belief system.” (13:28 | Chrystal)
Connect with Chrystal:
To join our Embodied Baddie text community, text BADDIE to 704-270-6577