“That catapulted my whole trajectory,” says Sara Workman, one of Chrystal’s legacy clients, about her life-changing experience at Chrystal’s retreat in Italy earlier this year. In today’s conversation, Sara reveals the many ways her life has opened up in the four short months since she bonded with Chrystal and the rest of the group in the beautiful Tuscan hillside.
Once a people-pleaser, Sara has learned to hold firm to her boundaries. After taking a walk with Chrystal, she made a phone call to her “situationship” back in the States, determining how they would move forward together once she got back. She has learned to determine her gut instinct from her thoughts, and following that instinct led to a major move.
Though she initially assumed she’d be more closed off in a group setting, she felt safe and held by her fellow attendees. Join us to hear her advice for those joining the retreat next year and how they can make the most of it.
- “After our conversations in Italy, I honestly opened up all these different channels in my life–where I was living, with relationships, with work, all kinds of stuff. Now I am in a completely different place in my life in all those different areas, which is really crazy.” (6:38 | Sara)
- “I’ve never stepped so far out of my comfort zone. That was the only time we’d ever talked on the phone, when I called him as I’m looking at Italy. It just was so different from my behavior in the past. That alone catapulted my trajectory to where I am now, especially because it made me realize I can have adult, hard conversations and shit still going to be fine.” (15:13 | Sara)
- “Listening to my gut has always been a struggle until I started doing this work with you, and honestly until Italy. I really started actually listening to it and being able to distinguish between whether it was my intuition and my gut, or whether it was just my brain telling me things.” (19:06 | Sara)
- “I know I would do well in a one-on-one, but I think I thrive and open up more in a group setting, anyway, which is not something I would have thought about before. I would have thought it would have been the other way around.” (23:40 | Sara)
- “I tend to people-please a lot. I’ll do things or say things just to not shake things up or to not disagree with other people. Then later on, I’ll realize I actually didn’t want to do that, I don’t agree with that. I don’t even know why I said that. So it’s been really good practice for me to be able to voice an opposing thought or views and then still feel safe enough to then go out into the real world and apply it out there.” (27:34 | Sara)
Connect with Sara: https://www.instagram.com/sarajworkman/
Connect with Chrystal:
To join our Embodied Baddie text community, text BADDIE to 704-270-6577